CaseBioscience is a quality-driven cGMP manufacturer and formulator of advanced media and biopreservation solutions to serve and advance the fields of cell therapy, gene therapy and regenerative medicines. Our mission is to serve as a reliable and timely strategic partner to support research, pre-clinical and clinical activities through our custom manufacturing services and our innovative culture medium and biopreservation solutions.
General Summary and Purpose
- The Research Director- Stem Cell Culture is a high level senior leadership role that will work closely with other core scientific team members to formulate and develop stem cell culture systems, cryopresevation mediums and other cutting edge biotools for the fields of cell culture, gene therapy and regenerative medicine fields.
- The research director will oversee laboratory staff and will work in coordination with our research partners to design experiments, establish protocols and formulate solutions for the development and optimization of new products.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work alongside core scientific team members and oversee laboratory staff and research partners in the development of stem cell culture mediums and cryopreservation mediums.
- Prepare process development project proposals and reports, process flow diagrams, production batch records and other documentation.
- Capable of performing and overseeing routine cell culture for maintenance of stem cell lines.
- Establish experimental protocols and assays designed for pluripotent stem cell expansion in.
- Capable of performing and overseeing routine cell culture analysis including flow cytometry, (confocal) microscopy and immunoassay.
- Collect, collate and analyze data for presentations at group meetings .
- Maintain an understanding of human pluripotent stem cell research and applications related to new product development.
- Maintain an understanding of cryopreservation processes and techniques.
- Support process investigations and root cause analysis, and assist in the execution of corrective and preventative actions for process-related non-conformances.
- Assist in the development, analysis, and maintenance of product and raw material categorization databases.
- Present experimental results at data meetings, clearly communicating conclusions and future plans.
- Provide supervision to technical staff and oversee their work ensuring adherence to strong scientific principles and solving technical problems.
- MSc or PhD in Chemical, Molecular Biology or BioMedical Engineering.
- Knowledge of statistical experiment design and optimization methodologies.
- Background and experience in cell biology, cell metabolism, cell culture and cryopreservation.
- Interest in product development to support scale-up of cell culture.
- Skilled in a range of laboratory techniques and analytical instrumentation.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to multitask and work well in a fast-paced team environment.
CaseBioscience is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.